The unique recipe creates a hardwearing and breathable paint, which is thick and creamy and requires fewer coats than conventional emulsions. Being VOC (volatile organic compound) Free and carrying the EU Ecolabel, you can rest assured that decorating with Claypaint won’t cost the earth.
What’s in Claypaint?
Claypaint is a VOC and acrylic-free eco-friendly product made up of just a few ingredients:
- Various Clays
- Kaolin (a fine, soft, white clay, resulting from the natural decomposition of other clays or feldspar)
- Vinegar ester (used to bind the paint)
- Methylcellulose (derived from cellulose)
- Titanium dioxide (white and some colours)
- Pigments (some colours)
- 0.1% synthetic preservative
Claypaint boasts a number of interesting benefits which are guaranteed to interest anyone who wants the best for the environment, their home, and themselves.
- Free of VOCs (volatile organic compounds), Claypaint is better for your health, the environment, and the fight against global warming
- Free of Acrylics, which prevent the walls of your home from breathing and can be harmful to your health.
- Free of Oils
- Odourless, so you needn’t worry about paint-related headaches
- Highly breathable, absorbing moisture and regulating humidity
- Mildew-deterring, for the good of your family’s health
- Resistant to static, so dust and allergens are reduced
- Beneficial to allergy and asthma sufferers, as earthBorn avoids using known allergens in its Claypaint range
- Great covering power (5L: 50sqm; 2.5L: 25sqm)
Just like a conventional emulsion, Claypaint can be applied using a brush, roller, or spray. Bear in mind that the method of application will affect the finished texture of the paint: a roller will create the most texture (the longer the roller hair, the greater the texture) and spray will offer the least. For the best finish, most people find that a short pile roller is the ideal application tool.
Can I use Claypaint for Kitchens and Bathrooms?
Claypaint is ideal for use in kitchens and bathrooms as its breathability reduces the occurrence of condensation, mould, and mildew. It is still best to use a tiled splashback behind sinks and cookers or shower enclosures.
Celtic Sustainables is dedicated to environmental friendliness and good quality products. If we don’t like it, we don’t stock it!