The inspiration for painting a room can take many different forms.
Often customers visit our shop with a picture frame, curtain material or other object that they want to find a paint to match a colour within the item or contrast to.
For our Sharon, a painting that reminded her of her cat sitting on her kitchen table next to a bottle of wine, inspired her to paint a feature wall in one of the background colours in the artwork.
When new parents Lawrence and is wife were looking to paint the nursery they came into the shop with a string of lights and we searched for the closest colour to match the a blue in the lightshade.
For this competition we’d like to know what the inspiration is (or was) for your interior colour scheme!
The Competition Prize
1 copy of Farrow & Balls inspirational hardback book “Decorating with Colour”. This 192 page book is packed full of examples of Farrow & Ball colour schemes in differently styled rooms. If you love elegant and vibrant interiors, or are a fan of the greatest interior design magazines (or know someone that is), then this is the book for you!
It’s a truly beautiful book that will inspire you to think about the colour in your home and to be brave with your choices.
How to enter the competiton
Take a photo of the item that inspires the colours for your next or existing interior decorating scheme and post a picture on Twitter or the Celtic Sustainables Facebook page with the hashtag #FABCelticSus.
Entries must be posted by midnight on the 13th of December 2015.
The winner will be chosen by the team here at Celtic Sustainables.
The winning photo
This competition has now closed.
This is the winning entry from Saskia in London.
She said when posting the photo to our facebook page …
“My wedding inspired me for the colors of our first flat. Light pink in the living room, yellow in the guest room and blue/green in our bedroom. I absolutely love how it turned out and that it reminds me of our wonderful day. I bought the earthborn paint from your shop. #FABCelticSus”
If you would like to see the painted rooms check out Saskia’s comments on our facebook page!
Congratulations Saskia. Thank you for sharing your inspiration. We hope you enjoy the Farrow & Ball book!
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to everyone in the UK, excluding employees of Celtic Sustainables, their immediate families, agencies or any person professionally associated with this promotion
- To enter this competition, post a picture on Twitter or the Celtic Sustainables Facebook page with the hashtag #FABCelticSus, between 16th November 2015 and 13th December 2015. Entries may also be submitted by emailing your image to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition starts on 16th November following the social post announcing that it has begun.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges (the Celtic Sustainables team) on or after the 14th of December.
- The competition entry closes at 12:00 midnight on 13th of December 2015, any entries received after this date will not be counted.
- One winner will be chosen to win a copy of the Farrow & Ball Book “Decorating with Colour”.
- The book will be posted to a UK address.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with the terms and conditions, Celtic Sustainables reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- By submitting your images to this competition, entrants agree to Celtic Sustainables using these images for future online and offline promotion and marketing activity.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and must be claimed no later than 2 weeks after being contacted by Celtic Sustainables.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost or damaged or otherwise not received by Celtic Sustainables for any reason including interruptions to power supplies or internet communications.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Celtic Sustainables reserves the right to substitute for the prize an alternative of equal or greater value.
- By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Celtic Sustainables will only use the personal data supplied for the administration of the competition (including publishing the name of the winner) and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent.
- Celtic Sustainablesl shall not be responsible for any failure to run the promotion or to comply with any of the above terms and conditions where such failure is as a result of events outside its reasonable control.
- Celtic Sustainables may have to withdraw or cancel the promotion without notice due to legal restrictions in particular countries.
- Celtic Sustainables’ decision in relation to prize winners and any other matter concerning this competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Celtic reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without further notice. Details of changes will be published at http://www.celticsustainables.wordpress.com.
- These terms and conditions and the competition are subject to English Law except insofar as there are mandatory local laws which override such a choice of law. Celtic Sustainables may decide in its absolute discretion to disapply this position.
Promoter: Celtic Sustainables, Unit 9, Parc Teifi, Cardigan, SA38 9NJ